NextGen Capital is always interested in talking to highly motivated financial professionals with existing experience in investment banking, private equity, and multi-family office services. We offer a dynamic, growth oriented and challenging work environment as well as comprehensive employee benefits that include health insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement savings.
We are currently seeking to fill the following positions to add to our team:
Investment Banking Vice President
We are seeking a highly motivated Vice President to join our investment banking teams in either Atlanta or Los Angeles (Orange County). The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, solid M&A and capital raising experience, proven networking skills and track record of originating, structuring, and executing new business opportunities with middle market clients.
- Manage full deal process including client management and working with client advisors; performing complex financial modeling and valuation; collecting and assessing due diligence; and producing pitches, target lists, and other documents for successful marketing and execution of deals.
- Work closely with senior banking professionals, product specialists, clients, and other internal and external constituencies for transaction execution and new business development.
- Overall project management including presenting analyses and conclusions internally to review committees and externally to senior management and advisors of clients.
- Lead due diligence meetings and direct efforts of junior staff (associates, analysts, interns, etc.) including assigning tasks and overseeing their day-to-day work.
- Ensuring quality of client and target deliverables with a strong attention to detail.
- Communicating regulatory requirements, financial information and complex strategic issues in a clear, concise, and relevant manner to assist and guide decision-makers in corporate finance transactions.
- Collaborate internally to build long term equitable relationships with clients utilizing NextGen’s capital markets, family office, and direct investment platforms.
- Market NextGen services, develop client networks, and support firm efforts in the development and execution of sales and marketing strategies.
- Assist in the generation of ideas and marketing initiatives as well as strategies for new business acquisition and developing revenue producing relationships.
- 7+ years total work experience; 5+ years of M&A experience and with multiple middle-market deal executions
- MBA highly preferred; CFA or CPA favorable
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university (ideally in accounting, finance or economics)
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 certified
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in mergers & acquisitions, industry sectors, and ancillary investment banking and financial products
- Must have strong knowledge of accounting and applied financial theory involved in the execution of M&A and equity/debt capital markets transactions (working capital adjustment analysis, purchase price allocation and analyses, goodwill impairment issues, etc.)
- Advanced skills in financial analysis and valuation (e.g. cash flow modeling; asset, equity and debt valuations, etc.), industry research and assessment, and client relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to conduct diligence and build relationships with management teams
- Ability to make effective decisions by analyzing information and considering priorities
- Proven skills in overall project management, leadership and relationship management
- Strong business development skills
Inquire About This Position
We are seeking a highly motivated Executive Assistant to join our Atlanta, Georgia, office in support of the firm’s senior managing director and, as needed, other leadership members. The Executive Assistant will play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of the firm’s Atlanta office as well as offering occasional support for the firm’s satellite offices.
- Overall office management (e.g., meeting and greeting VIPs, ordering supplies, administering phone & computer systems, handling incoming & outgoing mail)
- Notarizing documents
- Document management and contract administration
- Expense management, compliance, and reporting
- General administrative duties (e.g., answering phones, contact management, word processing, filing, data entry, composing routine correspondence, greeting and helping visitors, making copies, making appointments, travel coordination)
- Meeting coordination and planning
- Event marketing and document preparation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a relevant industry Administrative / Office Management position
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in corporate office administration
- Prior experience handling confidential matters required
- Prior experience in the legal field highly preferred
- Commissioned Notary strongly preferred (if not, candidate must qualify to become a Notary)
- Excellent time management, organization, and logistical skills
- Proficient computer skills required: including Microsoft Office, internet travel booking, internet research, installing & maintaining hardware and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team oriented environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Punctual with a strong work ethic
- Self-starter with the willingness and ability to take initiative
- Flexible and organized thinker
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Positive and outgoing personality with an even-tempered and diplomatic demeanor
- Ability to assist in all aspects of design projects in multiple mediums – including web, print, direct mail, tradeshows/exhibits and more. Developing marketing content for integrated marketing campaigns and corporate marketing materials.
- Assist with social media presence building (company website, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Knowledge working with 3rd party email marketing programs such as Constant Contact, etc. along with working knowledge in print, web, email data bases and social media outlets