NextGen Capital is always interested in talking to highly motivated financial professionals with existing experience in investment banking, private equity, and multi-family office services. We offer a dynamic, growth oriented and challenging work environment as well as comprehensive employee benefits that include health insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) retirement savings.
We are currently seeking to fill the following positions to add to our team:
Investment Banking Vice President
We are seeking a highly motivated Vice President to join our investment banking teams in either Atlanta or Los Angeles (Orange County). The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, solid M&A and capital raising experience, proven networking skills and track record of originating, structuring, and executing new business opportunities with middle market clients.
- Manage full deal process including client management and working with client advisors; performing complex financial modeling and valuation; collecting and assessing due diligence; and producing pitches, target lists, and other documents for successful marketing and execution of deals.
- Work closely with senior banking professionals, product specialists, clients, and other internal and external constituencies for transaction execution and new business development.
- Overall project management including presenting analyses and conclusions internally to review committees and externally to senior management and advisors of clients.
- Lead due diligence meetings and direct efforts of junior staff (associates, analysts, interns, etc.) including assigning tasks and overseeing their day-to-day work.
- Ensuring quality of client and target deliverables with a strong attention to detail.
- Communicating regulatory requirements, financial information and complex strategic issues in a clear, concise, and relevant manner to assist and guide decision-makers in corporate finance transactions.
- Collaborate internally to build long term equitable relationships with clients utilizing NextGen’s capital markets, family office, and direct investment platforms.
- Market NextGen services, develop client networks, and support firm efforts in the development and execution of sales and marketing strategies.
- Assist in the generation of ideas and marketing initiatives as well as strategies for new business acquisition and developing revenue producing relationships.
- 7+ years total work experience; 5+ years of M&A experience and with multiple middle-market deal executions
- MBA highly preferred; CFA or CPA favorable
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university (ideally in accounting, finance or economics)
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 certified
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in mergers & acquisitions, industry sectors, and ancillary investment banking and financial products
- Must have strong knowledge of accounting and applied financial theory involved in the execution of M&A and equity/debt capital markets transactions (working capital adjustment analysis, purchase price allocation and analyses, goodwill impairment issues, etc.)
- Advanced skills in financial analysis and valuation (e.g. cash flow modeling; asset, equity and debt valuations, etc.), industry research and assessment, and client relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to conduct diligence and build relationships with management teams
- Ability to make effective decisions by analyzing information and considering priorities
- Proven skills in overall project management, leadership and relationship management
- Strong business development skills
Inquire About This Position
Investment Banking Associate
We are seeking a highly motivated Associate to join our Atlanta or Los Angeles (Orange County) office in support of the firm’s investment banking teams. The position will lead the preparation of company valuations, financial models, firm marketing documents, client presentations, performing research, analyses in support of new business generation, and other financial advisory services for our clients in multiple industries. The associate will also play an integral role supporting multi-family office financial reporting, strategic planning, multi-entity consolidations, special projects, company business plans and budgets and global income, balance sheet and tax analysis. Associates develop their skills through broad and frequent exposure to senior bankers in a transactional, deadline driven environment that requires strong work ethic, teamwork, and the ability to travel.
- Perform company valuation analyses using various methodologies including discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout, precedent transactions, and comparable public company analyses
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and analyze the impacts of different capital structures and potential M&A transactions
- Prepare presentation materials for use in client meetings, covering topics such as strategic alternatives, capital markets activity and general corporate finance
- Participate in all stages of transaction executions, including the preparation of pitch presentations, confidential information memorandums, management presentations, managing data rooms, and other required due diligence information
- Contact and work with prospective buyers and investors
- Develop skills to source new financing opportunities, support marketing of the firm’s investment banking services, and support new business generation initiatives
Associate candidates should have experience working in a structured but fast paced environment and be able to ‘hit the ground running’. Prior experience with M&A transactions is a requirement. NextGen values superior intellect, demonstrated leadership ability, attention to detail, effective team play and a commitment to excellence. An MBA, CFA or CPA is highly preferred, but not necessary. Candidates who were promoted from an Investment Banking Analyst to an Investment Banking Associate without an advanced degree will also be considered. One to two years of full-time associate level experience in investment banking with extensive experience communicating directly with clients is also preferred, but not required.
- Participated in drafting of at least three confidential information memorandums (CIMs)
- Participated in the full life cycle of at least one M&A sell-side transaction, from pitch through closing
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft® Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word), ability to create financial models from scratch, and aptitude for working with other multiple software and web based applications
- Strong academic background and undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or economics
- Excellent written and verbal skills with ability to articulate his/her position and defend that position logically
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Inquire About This Position
Investment Banking Analyst
We are seeking a highly motivated Analyst to join our Atlanta or Los Angeles (Orange County) office in support of the firm’s investment banking teams and multi-family office. The analyst will provide analytical support on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and other financial advisory services for our investment banking clients. The position will also play an integral role supporting multi-family office financial and compliance reporting, company business plans and budgets, and special projects. Analysts develop their skills through broad and frequent exposure to senior bankers in a transactional, deadline driven environment that requires strong work ethic, teamwork, and the ability to travel. FINRA general securities licenses will likely be required within first six months of employment with the firm.
- Financial analysis and compliance for M&A and capital raise transactions and for multi-family office clients
- Cash flow modeling, global financial reporting (including multi-entity consolidations), tax analysis, modeling tax credit structures, bank compliance, and special projects
- Perform company valuation analyses using discounted cash flows, leveraged buyout scenarios, public company comparable transactions and precedent transactions
- Build detailed financial models for evaluating client company performance and assessing impact of various capital structures and potential M&A transactions
- Participate in the origination and execution of equity and debt transactions
- General understanding of internal controls and credit compliance
- Prepare presentation materials for use in client meetings covering topics such as strategic alternatives, capital markets activity and general corporate finance
- Participate in various stages of transaction executions, including the preparation of marketing pitches, confidential information memorandums, management presentations, three statement financial models, and collecting and organizing due diligence information
- Developing skills to source new financing opportunities, help market the firm, and support new business generation initiatives
- Must have 2+ years of work experience with national or regional investment bank, private equity, accounting (e.g., auditing) or corporate lending institution
- CFA (Level 1 or higher) or CPA designation a plus
- Solid working knowledge of the Microsoft® Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word), ability to create financial models from scratch, and aptitude for working with multiple other software and web based applications
- Exceptional academic background with undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, or economics
- Strong written and verbal skills with ability to articulate his/her position and defend that position logically
- Superior work ethic and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Inquire About This Position
We are seeking a highly motivated Executive Assistant to join our Atlanta, Georgia, office in support of the firm’s senior managing director and, as needed, other leadership members. The Executive Assistant will play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of the firm’s Atlanta office as well as offering occasional support for the firm’s satellite offices.
- Overall office management (e.g., meeting and greeting VIPs, ordering supplies, administering phone & computer systems, handling incoming & outgoing mail)
- Notarizing documents
- Document management and contract administration
- Expense management, compliance, and reporting
- General administrative duties (e.g., answering phones, contact management, word processing, filing, data entry, composing routine correspondence, greeting and helping visitors, making copies, making appointments, travel coordination)
- Meeting coordination and planning
- Event marketing and document preparation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a relevant industry Administrative / Office Management position
- Highly skilled and knowledgeable in corporate office administration
- Prior experience handling confidential matters required
- Prior experience in the legal field highly preferred
- Commissioned Notary strongly preferred (if not, candidate must qualify to become a Notary)
- Excellent time management, organization, and logistical skills
- Proficient computer skills required: including Microsoft Office, internet travel booking, internet research, installing & maintaining hardware and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team oriented environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Punctual with a strong work ethic
- Self-starter with the willingness and ability to take initiative
- Flexible and organized thinker
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Positive and outgoing personality with an even-tempered and diplomatic demeanor
- Ability to assist in all aspects of design projects in multiple mediums – including web, print, direct mail, tradeshows/exhibits and more. Developing marketing content for integrated marketing campaigns and corporate marketing materials.
- Assist with social media presence building (company website, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Knowledge working with 3rd party email marketing programs such as Constant Contact, etc. along with working knowledge in print, web, email data bases and social media outlets